#30daysofblogging Day 7: update

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Thank you to everyone who messaged me after my last post, I thought I would give you a little update. 


To cut a long story short, yesterday my team at Harefield sorted some much stronger laxatives for me. They also told me that while ideally they want to limit their patients exposure to hospitals right now, if I want to get checked out then I’m very welcome to go up. Immediately I felt a bit calmer knowing I had a plan and wasn’t isolated with the problem. I’ve also just had a call (6pm) from a registrar phoning to check up on me, which I doubly appreciate when the hospital is under so much extra pressure with Coronavirus. 
Anyway the laxatives, Gastrografin is the stuff of legend in Cystic Fibrosis circles, if you’re taking those your stomach must be screwed up! They are also renowned for being absolutely disgusting to drink. I’m having 2 bottles each day and let’s say the situation has gone from one extreme to the other! It is the most foul tasting liquid and each bottle is 100ml. After slight experimenting I find taking a shot of it in one huge gulp, followed by tea to wash mouth and something strong tasting to over power the taste. I’d describe the taste as a very potent mix of strong aniseed/liquorice crossed with mouthwash. 

My stomach is a bit softer today and is gurgling which is good. It’s still pretty swollen but, a little bit less than it has been. Unfortunately, even with diarrhoea, you can still have blockages which take a few days to go so I’ve got another 8 bottles most likely to get down. I’m really hoping though that it continues to improve a little each day. I’ve not even been able to wear leggings the last 4 days, just pj bottoms that are not so uncomfortable.

These things sadly don’t happen in isolation, I have other non medical stuff happening which is a bit rubbish as well as just feeling utterly run down physically, sensitive teeth, skin going crazy, and feeling below par to name just a few symptoms. I’m also staying at home firstly due to an emergency need to be within 20 seconds of a loo! And secondly because Coronavirus is a very serious threat for me (I’m planning to blog about this tomorrow). My mental health is very sketchy, but I am able to clearly understand why which is important and I know that feeling isolated at home is a sure way to make my depression kick off, so again it’s risk vs benefit balance.

Again, thanks for those who tweeted or messaged, I’ll hopefully be back to blog again tomorrow x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe