30 days of blogging Day 2; Giving

Sunday, March 01, 2020


It’s only day 2 and I am vaguely panicking about what to write! Good start Tor.
 So I do have ideas and bigger subjects I want to tackle but it doesn’t feel the right time to deal with them just yet. 
There’s a nice discipline to writing each day but also a pressure of ‘what to write what to write?? Make it something good!’ That it’s easy to fall into but I’m keen not to! 

So I was actually requested more than once to talk about acts of giving and kindness. 

Now, I’m making it very clear that I do not consider myself some saint like creature who is an expert on bestowing kindness wherever I go whilst bathing in the glow of my own brilliance. Far from it. But I can see why people asked me to talk about it. Firstly, I come from a place of seeing the need for help. I’ve been on hospital wards, felt lonely, seen opportunities to help etc just by being in that environment so often. I’ve also experienced a lot of kindness myself, appreciate it and am inspired by it. I enjoy paying good deeds forward and there is definitely a need in me to give something to others. I think one of the biggest reasons though is that I have a lot of time to find these opportunities, I have less commitments like work, kids etc to find and try them. People are so busy that they don’t not want to help they just don’t quite know how and it’s not a priority to find out. Completely fair.

Good news is it can be so so easy and also cost nothing. So incorporated in this 30 days will be things I do or have done that ‘give back’ in some way. It’s not an exhaustive list by any means but might give you ideas or just be interesting. 

I’d love to hear your experiences and ideas too. X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe