#30daysofblogging Day 10; My mum.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020


There may be some of you out there who believe you have the best mum in the world. Sorry to disillusion you but that title belongs to my mum.





Today is my mums birthday. We are in self isolation so I knew it wasn’t going to be ideal, but damn it if I wasn’t going to do my best to make it special. I had some decorations already and I made a few more! I felt very ‘Good Life’ to be making my own! Thankfully I’d already bought her present as I try to plan early for birthdays etc as I’m not always able to get out and about as needed. 




These paper fans were made from a stash of scrapbook papers. They were fairly easy to make and look really good! I’m slightly obsessed with making them now, I’m thinking some single sheets of posh wrapping paper would make some gorgeous ones. Also want to try and make them able to be folded down so they are reusable so I’ll work on that.




Anyway, I decorated the kitchen before bed last night and made a meringue pavlova base. Mum isn’t into birthday cakes or really puddings but she loves a pavlova so that’s always her birthday cake! 





It was a quiet day at home. I made her some garlic prawns for lunch, nice, simple, tasty and quick. Then my speciality mushroom risotto for dinner so she didn’t have to cook. We were together and she saw family in doorstep/garden path visits. 

The house is also full of flowers which is lovely! 





I couldn’t get through all the hard times without my mum, there simply wouldn’t be any point. She is my rock. She does so much for me and others and would always be there. I love her more than anything in the world and our relationship is incredibly close. I don’t thank Cystic Fibrosis for much but the fact that it has shaped our closeness is something I will always be grateful for.

Doing extra work today has left me exhausted and high pain but it’s worth it to have made her birthday special. She always does the same for us.







A London restaurant that is based in Covent Garden, Joe Allen’s  ran a competition about a woman you wanted to celebrate. Mum has wanted to go there for ages so I entered and....we WON! A three course meal and champagne, unfortunately we can’t attend while Corona is so dangerous  but they have been amazing at letting us hold over the prize until we are able to travel again. I’m going to leave you with what I wrote about my beautiful, kind, loyal, wonderful mum. I’m so so lucky she is mine.

Dear Joe Allen’s 

I would like to nominate my amazing mum Christine. I have had many health issues in my life. I was born with Cystic Fibrosis a genetic condition that effects mainly my lungs and digestion but has other conditions linked with it such as liver disease and diabetes (both of which I have!). 12 years ago my health took a bad turn and I was told I needed a double lung transplant or I would die. I waited 4 long years and was very close to the end, we had conversations with medical staff that no mum should have to hear. Thankfully I received my transplant and after a lengthy rehab am still going strong. Again, transplant brought its own long term challenges and days aren’t easy but I’m alive. 2 years ago I was given a completely out of the blue diagnosis of stomach cancer and entered the scary world of chemotherapy and surgery, scans, and blood counts. By some miracle I survived that too, battered and bruised but still here. There was not one minute along the way of any of this that my mum wasn’t beside me. If she could be in the room she was. If not she would be nearby and never came home or left me for more than a few hours. I live at home and need daily help and she is always there to provide it. I know I couldn’t have got through everything without her. She is the best thing in my life and there is no way to say thank you that seems enough and no words to express how lucky I am that she’s my mum.

Tor x


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That letter you wrote about your mum is so loving and sweet. It had me tearing up. I'm sure she's so proud to have you as her daughter. I'm glad you've got the blockage sorted too! That can't have been fun at all but I'm glad it's nothing malignant. Am thinking of you during this coronapocolypse! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe