I'm your fairy godmother

Monday, July 21, 2008

I can't believe a week has gone by since I last updated. I've had a busy few days and am beginning to feel the strain today!

On Thursday me and a friend went to see the film Mamma Mia. We have been saying about going to the cinema for ages but havent got round to it, I can no longer manage to navigate my local cinema so my lovely friend (L) drove us out to another one.

To cut a long story short, I was'nt feeling my best before we left the house and wasn't sure whether to go or not, then i had some problems with my oxygen so had to organise extras. When we arrived the car park was closed so L had to drop me outside and then drive off to find a space! It was all a bit of a nightmare made worse by the fact that I left my wheelchair at home thinking it wouldn't be far to walk.However,when we eventually got in to see the film it was totally worth it. As most of you know I love musicals and Mamma mia was brilliant, a real feel good movie. The cast were excellent especially Meryl Streep and I would throughly recommend it to everyone. I had to buy the soundtrack the next day, and I'm guessing my mum is sick of hearing ABBA by now!



Yesterday was my nephews christening. I was thrilled to have been asked to be his godmother. I did find it a hard day if I'm honest both physically and emotionally. I had to use my wheelchair and a ramp had to be put in to accommodate me, and as their were lots of people there (we weren't the only ones being christened) I felt very self concious. It was also hard to see everyone else able to help out etc while I was the one needing the help.

The service was lovely and my nephew looked very cute. It was the first time I had been to church in ages, I don't claim to be a religious person but I love the feeling of peace in church. The whole transplant situation has made me reassess a lot of things and as a result my faith has grown. I lit a couple of candles or friends who had lost the fight, to let them know i was till thinking of them.
Here are a couple of photos of the day. I had taken my oxygen off for a few minute because there were alot of candles about and i didn't fancy being blown up!




The events of the last few days caught me up and I had to leave the christening party early. I was pretty exhausted and over tired as I've had trouble sleeping lately. I was up again last night finding it hard to achieve restful sleep and when i did, woke up with a tickly throat. As a result, i think a day in bed resting is called for, so thats the plan for today. I hate it when my body feels so tired, and its even harder to handle when in my head i feel the same as everyone else but my body lets me down.

Anyway I will be a good girl and rest up so that i feel better and hopefully sleep will come easier tonight!

xxx

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hey there tor!

    Your nephew is gorgeous!! and he looks like he has a cheeky smile -does that spell trouble for his new godmum?!!
    anyway congrats on being that!
    your outfit is very nice, and in those pics you dont like ill or weak or self conscious at all, you look amazing!

    sorry you left early and felt tired, but what great memories

    i havent been cinema in ages (sex and the city was my last - you should see that!)

    anyways keep smiling as usual!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me want to go see it now and I don't normally go in for musicals. So glad you enjoyed your night despite the palava and I totally agree with becky, your nephew is gorgeous and you look brill.

    Hope you managed to get a good kip hun.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being a godmummy! The pics are lovely, you both look excellent!

    It sounds like you had a very busy few days... enjoy your rest hun.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe