Oooppps.......

Sunday, January 13, 2008

I've had a fairly uneventful few days since my last post. Yesterday was a bit of a scare. Ive been keeping well chest wise and everyday like this is a huge blessing, my breathing doesn't improve, but while it can remain stable I am more than happy. Anyway, I had been feeling a bit odd chestwise the last few days but not ill or showing any signs of infection so I wasn't overly worried. On saturday morning though, I felt very dry inside and couldnt put my foot on how to describe how I felt. I was struggling to get my breath and the feeling of dryness was getting worse plus my muscles were getting sore from the effort. I was getting increasingly worried by now which wasnt helping, and becoming frustrated as I couldn't describe what was wrong. Infection and the odd days when I feel funny are commonplace, I know how to deal with them and what to expect but when my lungs pull something unexpected out of the bag its disconcerting and scarey.

I had a nebuliser using my old system so I could sit and breathe it slowly and decided (more persuaded) to go out for a stroll. I was dubious about this as I get a bit panicy after my collapsing incident but thought it might help and I would be in my wheelchair so no worse of to sitting indoors. Thankfully this seemed to make all the difference. The only explanation I can deduce is that I hadnt been out for a while and maybe my lungs were a bit stuffy and stagnant. The fresh air definately helped and I feel much better today. Fingers crossed and touching wood etc it was just a blip and maybe a request by lungs to go out a bit more?

I've also had quite a few headaches this week making me a bit annoyed so when I speak to my team I'll mention it.

I cant complain though, had a nice day looking round the shops and saw my two adorable nephews.

Hope everyone is keeping well xxxx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. ooooh strange, would be great if it was your body telling you to go out!!

    what is your new hobby now you not doing xmas decorations?

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe