Past the Point of No Return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I'm BACK!!!
So sorry for such a long gap in blogging, to be honest it has been a very confusing, emotional, exceptional, amazing, frustrating and just a completely overwealming time. There were times when I really doubted we would ever get past the point of no return but thank god that we finally did. I have been home for about two weeks now after 7 weeks in hospital but am stil very much recovering and building up my strength slowly. Its fantastic to be back home in my own bed (I'm still back to clinics twice a week) and I feel very numb almost to everything that has happened as there has journey has been so incredible but also tremendously hard and it still feels very surreal and unbelieveable. I think that in order to get through these last few months; feeling so ill, facing end of life care, finally getting my transplant in time, and the huge rollercoster that entails especially the lines, drains etc which I was so terrified of, I've had to shut down and block everything out in order to keep myself sane and get myself through it all. Now I've come out the other side I feel as though I've not really taken it all in.

I will of course be updating with details about my transplant journey and tell you (from what I can piece together) whats been going on during the last 2 months, but it won't be until after Christmas now as I'm concentrating on keeping as well as possible and enjoying some festive cheer with my family and friends. Its lovely to be a bit more involved again this year. I am already able to do so much more than I could 2 months ago, its been a slow build and sometimes its only after I've done something that I will realise that there is no way I could have done it pre transplant. I can walk indoors, do my stairs, I have no oxygen or ventilators, I'm still using my wheelchair for very long walks so I dont get too tired but that too will be gone soon. Its amazing and again a bit surreal. Very hard to trust these new lungs and believe they wont let me down. This is also just the beginning I can expect to get better and better over the next few months as my strength gets built up again.

I can't post without paying due respect to my absolutely incredible donor and their courageous family without them this would without doubt have been my last Christmas. I can't take in that I have a potential future opening up before me and that my life is changing in a huge transformative way because of this one amazing, loving individual. They will never ever be far from my thoughts and especially on their family's first Christmas without them, I will remeber them and be thankful with every breath.

I must also say that I could not have had a better team loooking after me than at those at HArefield, everyone from surgeons to nurses to support staff to kitchen staff were all so friendly, kind caring and happy to help. I couldn't have got through without them and they have gone above and beyond to make my stay as easy as possible. They truly are angels and I am forever thankful to them too.

Thank you to all my blog readers and supporters you have been fantastic in offering me and my family so much support and love. Jess has been such a fabulous friend (nothing new there) in keeping you all updated, I'm really grateful to all of you. Thank you so much you will never know how much it meant to read your messages on the hardest of days during recovery.

I wish you all the happiest Christmas ever and the best 2012 possible. I'll be back soon to tell you all about this whirlwind of a ride!!!

In the meantime I'll leave you with 2 articles from the local paper (they are old photo's) and a link to my brilliant local radio station who have broadcast regular updates on how I was doing and this week dedicated a whole program to me!

Romford Recorder: http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/after_4_years_of_waiting_transplant_joy_for_romford_girl_tor_tremlett_1_1088221

2nd Romford Recorder: http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/home_at_last_for_double_lung_transplant_girl_tor_1_1152351

Me and mum interviewed on BBC Essex: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00m0z6m/Sadie_Nine_12_12_2011/

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Wonderful post Tor. So happy for you. I wish you the very best christmas and a fabulous healthy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly amazing! Keep up the hard work. And enjoy your new life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to see you blogging again. Welcome back. Have a wonderful Christmas.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fabulous to see you blogging again and I'm still so happy for you. You have been amazing and it's lovely to know you have a great future ahead of you.

    Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To hear the news that you had your call finally was the best ever - Happy Christmas and a healthy 2012 x
    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and welcome back in every way Tor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to read this post
    Respect to the donor who made this Christmas possible for you.
    You have a great Christmas and a even better new year.
    My best wishes to you and your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to have you back! Best wishes for a great Christmas and New Year to you and your family and for strength and courage to your donor's family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family, and a splendid 2012, I have followed you on Twitter since your transplant, x Angela E

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are now on the other side this Xmas is going to be the best ever for you. Can't tell you how made up imam for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear that you are recovering well. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really really happy for you - been folling your story for a while now and was watching twitter like crazy when you went in for the transplant. Hope you have an amazing Christmas!

    also I just came across this blog and thought it might interest you. (-:

    http://onelittledrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wondering whether with all your twitter followers you could encourage people to sign 'Pat's Petition' about disability benefits. See here http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20968 and also here http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.com/

    Hope your recevery is going brilliantly that we might get to see another blog post soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe