Good news!

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A short post BUT I had to update you!


Yesterday I went for my 5th week of chemo and recieved news from my amazing doctor at Chelsea and Westminster that the biopsy of my stomach was clear of cancer. I'm A) so incredibly relieved and B) so grateful to him for letting me know so quickly and putting me out of my misery.
 I knew I was worried but I had no idea how much it had effected me. I cried when I read the email. I felt lighter, happier, and completely and utterly exhausted. It could have meant more treatment or no more options but for now all is well. 

I have had lots of congratulations lots of lovely messages and lots of questions which is why I wanted to clarify on here as I would have questions too! So, my ulcer is just an ulcer. We didn't expect to find anything that needed a biopsy during the endoscope so it was very unexpected and a complete wild card shock to be honest. My doctor had asssured me that he thought the ulcer was in line with a reaction to my internal sutures but until it comes back you just don't know. It doesn't mean I am completely cancer free although we have no reason to suspect otherwise. I had a scan before chemo restarted and that was clear as was the biopsy. I have 4 more weeks of chemo to complete as we planned and then that should be it. I'll definitely be glad to have it over with! I don't know what will happen after. We know there were aggressive cells and that with my immunosuppression the likelihood of cancer coming back is high. However I think the plan will be regular scans to check me out. I feel like if scans are for example every 3 months, then I plan to live the crap out of those 3 months, take whatever news the scan brings and hopefully live the crap out of the next 3 and the next. It's hard to not look further than the next scan but also hopefully negates needing to cancel plans so often. 

And that's it I think. Having an end in sight is amazing.



Our elated faces! 

Thank you to everyone who has messaged it has meant so much. I can't reply to everyone but please know I'm overwhelmed with your love xxx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hello Tor, I was one of many anonymous readers who were delighted to hear your news, so very glad for you and your familiy - we could probably all do with employing some of your attitude day to day too. I hope (and am sure you will) you enjoy the hell and heaven out of all your upcoming plans. Fingers crossed for the heavens, the trains, and the cafes of the UK to combine to make the next few months a well-earned and happy rest!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe