Let's smash it!

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Another Blog post?! It's a miracle! 


For the last month or so I've been picking up bits when I've found a bargain, to make up my annual Christmas goodie bags. If you've missed this previous years, usually at Easter and Christmas I approach companies to donate items and raise money to buy treats for those who are stuck in hospital at Harefield. Patients are going through a lot of difficult times, they can even be there for months or years at a time. The goodie bags are always well received.

This year I have funded them mainly myself until I realised I'd bought around £100 worth of things (there are 32 beds on the wards) so I decided to ask for £110 on JustGiving to repay myself some of the money and buy a few extra bits. In less than 24 hours my total was smashed and we had £200 of donations. Firstly, how incredible are people? Second, it's all the awfulness in the world right now you've inspired me how much goodness is still out there. 

Anyway, I was a little worried as I'm taking the bags to Harefield on Monday as it's the only day I can deliver them and I don't have much energy to go shopping. However I've been thinking and I have a plan which I wanted to explain properly here. 

So, money raised so far will all go to help patients at Harefield, the majority for goodie bags (I'll post about these in more detail next week) and the rest to whatever the current fundraising appeal is. 
I was going to shut the page but I'm keeping it open and if you would like to donate I would be really grateful. 
Any money raised from now on will be split equally between Harefield and The Marsden. 
The Marsden have kept me alive this year. They are a truly amazing cancer hospital and I would love to thank them for what they do. In ICU they have an amazing resource in a balcony with fairy lights and plants. It means seriously ill patients can leave their room and actually feel the air and sunshine on their skin which is HUGE.
I would love to donate some money to buy new plants or to maintain the outside space. They also have a patient fund which improves spaces in the hospital for patients. 

They are really worthwhile causes which I've seen at work first hand and would love to support. 

If you would like to donate I would be really grateful and if you're a friend who would usually buy me a present please donate instead if you'd like to. Let's spread the love around to those who need it this Christmas. 



Thank you So much. I'll keep you updated on our progress! 


If you missed my earlier post this week the link is here https://tor-pastthepointofnoreturn.blogspot.com/2018/11/another-update-for-you.html

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe