#30daysofblogging Day 12; The Good Guys.

Friday, March 20, 2020

Following on from yesterday’s post where I had a rant about those who aren’t helping the situation we find ourselves in right now, I wanted to show the other side of the coin.


In times of crisis, people often show their true colours. Companies can do right by their customers and staff, become an example or they can show themselves as unfair employees, perpetuate the problem simply by remaining open or not being a good example (pubs, clubs and restaurants I’m looking at you) or they can do what is right in spite of what that may mean to their profits, especially if they are a small business. They may think of new ways to provide services, be creative, provide a service that will help others or be generous in some other way. I am very driven by this when I buy items. When this is all over I will be supporting those who supported others, shopping more with small business that will need an extra boost and generally promoting, helping anyone I can that showed their true colours are good ones. 

Now I’ve seen a lot of good being done but I’m just going to mention here ones I know about and have seen myself. If there are others you think we need to celebrate please let me know! I’m keen for us all to help each other by promoting and supporting them here, on twitter, Instagram and anywhere else so let’s all share the love.


I only became aware of this company a month or so ago when I saw some of their beautiful bags and brooches in a small shop. I followed them on Instagram and saw this week that they are generously sending out free pairs of their funky socks to those having to selfisolate. No other reason but to brighten their day. I have nominated friends I know will be isolating for months due to health issues but I just thought what a lovely thing to do. Sixton, I salute you and your happy post!






So Leon isn’t exactly a small company but they aren’t huge either. I was seriously impressed that they shut down relatively early BUT more than that they are doing amazing things. You can still order their food I believe, healthy and delicious but any NHS or frontline staff get 50% off and are also doing free food drops at local hospitals which is brilliant. Excess produce was donated to food banks and they are setting up their restaurants as mini markets for the elderly to access food while also keeping their suppliers busy. Seriously awesome and a lovely company.






Very similar to Leon, they have donated food to food banks and are offering 50% discount and food drops to nhs staff. They have also set up extra ‘dark kitchens’ to send food deliveries from. Plus they have excellent gluten free options and their food is dreamy! 





Carluccios 

As above beautiful Italian food, lots of gluten free, home delivery option and 50% off for NHS workers.





Homesense 

Have just made the cut by sending me an email as I was writing. Shut their stores but have donated all food products to food banks and are working with charities like The Red Cross to help those in most need with clothing etc. Particularly pleased as I adore their stores and they are my favourite to browse and shop.





Small business I found recently selling vintage and antique trinkets and finds. Have put together a Spread 
Joy box, £10 with a choice of card that they will write your message in each gift contains a hand poured soy candle, and two small vintage gifts. A lovely way to make someone’s day and an innovative way to keep their business running. Real respect for those thinking of things like this plus they have gorgeous unique things so check them out! But please don’t buy it all because I want some! 






Currently not trading but please follow on Instagram. They are a fabulous team who create the best pun based cards and illustrations. I bought lots of their cards and mum has them for her birthday (and mother’s day). Unrelated but they sent me a bag of goodies when I was having a rough time despite being a small business. Genuinely nice people as demonstrated by designing and printing lots of these help your neighbour cards for people to donate an amount to, then deliver to neighbours etc with offers of help. Promoting just being a nice, helpful, generous human beings really. Definitely follow them purely for the excellent puns if nothing else.





Great small business serving the people of the West End in their theatre themed cafe. As the whole of London theatre has closed for now, they are providing concert style live streams with West end performers who will be paid for their work. They support the west end and we should support them.





That’s it for now but wouldn’t it be lovely to do instastories or a blog post now and then celebrating these people who don’t just sit back but use initiative in a brilliant way while also helping others?  Send me your suggestions! Xxxx







You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I've been following your twitter updates and I hope the blockage gets sorted out soon! You're doing great and it's ok to be worn down by everything. Sending lots of sanitised hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the twitter video about the cancer returning...I'm tearing up for you. I'm so, so sorry to hear this. I know we've never met and I'm just a random person who reads your blog but I've been coming back to this blog for so many years now and I feel like I know you a tiny bit. I know we'll probably never meet in person, especially with this social distancing going on, but I am thinking of you and I'm so sad for you about this news. It's ok to feel whatever you are feeling. Don't rush into any decisions and don't feel pressured to do anything. You're amazing and I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, after coming across a Guardian article that featured you (when you were waiting for a transplant), I've also read your blog and twitter feed. I regularly think of you and am so sorry you're going through so much right now. You've touched my life and that feels like the only thing I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe